Play-By-Post RPG/Discussion, sign-up and rules

Be a knight in shining armor, a troll under a bridge, a helium-seller in a steampunk world...whoever you want to be.

Re: Play-By-Post RPG/Discussion, sign-up and rules

Postby Pixelmage on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:52 pm

Third image. Last boss of Persona 3.
"Yami ni madoishi awarena kage yo
Hito o kizutsuke otoshimete,
Tsumi ni oboreshi gō no tama,
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Victin on Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:13 am

Pixelmage wrote:Third image. Last boss of Persona 3.

Okay. I wonder how Alice could summon it.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:19 pm

In persona 3 she's the second strongest Death Persona. Second only to Thanatos.
Nyx is a personification of human emotion, the collection all the Arcanas. It was not Alice summoning Nyx. It was Nyx using Alice as a conduit of the Death Arcana to touch the world.

I summoned it as a player. Alice, as a character, was possessed by Nyx. ;) Mental breakdown, plus a legion of howling souls crying for revenge attracted Nyx, the concentration of negative feelings was simply too much, and even so, it could only act because Alice is a really strong member of the Death Arcana, a lesser Persona or anyone not tied to the Arcanas wouldn't be able to channel it at all. The amount of power that Alice's necromancy could draw from these souls was enough to sustain it for as long as it did, though the Physical Manifestation, plus Moonlight Gown (Reflect Everything) plus Night Queen (Damage plus causing a random status effect) was simply too much for Alice, which is why Nyx jumped out and vanished as soon as it did that combo.

For Nyx to appear, as in Real Physical Nyx, fully powered and direct instead of acting through a proxy... Mewtwo would cry for mommy. :lol: But that takes a full year of events, with the Arcanas manifesting one at a time every full moon, and when Nyx descends, it's doomsday.
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Victin on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Pixelmage wrote:In persona 3 she's the second strongest Death Persona. Second only to Thanatos.
Nyx is a personification of human emotion, the collection all the Arcanas. It was not Alice summoning Nyx. It was Nyx using Alice as a conduit of the Death Arcana to touch the world.

I summoned it as a player. Alice, as a character, was possessed by Nyx. ;) Mental breakdown, plus a legion of howling souls crying for revenge attracted Nyx, the concentration of negative feelings was simply too much, and even so, it could only act because Alice is a really strong member of the Death Arcana, a lesser Persona or anyone not tied to the Arcanas wouldn't be able to channel it at all. The amount of power that Alice's necromancy could draw from these souls was enough to sustain it for as long as it did, though the Physical Manifestation, plus Moonlight Gown (Reflect Everything) plus Night Queen (Damage plus causing a random status effect) was simply too much for Alice, which is why Nyx jumped out and vanished as soon as it did that combo.

For Nyx to appear, as in Real Physical Nyx, fully powered and direct instead of acting through a proxy... Mewtwo would cry for mommy. :lol: But that takes a full year of events, with the Arcanas manifesting one at a time every full moon, and when Nyx descends, it's doomsday.

I'll pretend I know those in-game terms XD
Yeah, I understood enough of it, I was curious. The only Nyx I know is the one who could kick Zeus' ass.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Victin on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:48 am

So... what do we do with this?
Victin

Postby The Finch on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:49 am

Uh... Can I just pass this turn? I'm going to be gone for 2 weeks without internet and it's finals week, so I'm just going to have to say skip me this turn.
I WANT YOU TO SAVE THE WALL AND WATCH PONIES
The Finch

Postby Pixelmage on Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:48 pm

Considering how we're all "Not sure if ARG is over".
Maybe this RP will actually stop now...
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:41 pm

OK, if Finch is passed, I'll make my post either Monday or right after Christmas.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:21 am

So, I know this has been silent for a while, but it's time to get things moving again! Here's the deal: I need someone to do a collab post with me. Someone conscious, obviously. Also, someone capable of getting all of the not-conscious people and all of the people incapable of doing it themselves off an island flying miles in the air.

Though, I suppose I could just have you run down one of the tethers Sabrac created to hold it up...

Well, whatever. Point is, I need a partner. I was gonna get Isla, but she's got some tough stuff going on right now, so I need volunteers.
Normal people are the easiest to manipulate. Too smart and they have an annoying tendency to catch wind of your plans, too dumb and, in the words of a certain pirate, "You can never tell when they are about to do something incredibly...stupid."
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:03 pm

So, no takers? Xana has offered to work with me again, but I was going to wait and see if anyone else wanted to take this chance before I accepted.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Victin on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:06 pm

I think I could, but I remember I had a reason not to, and I was awaiting for some situation to unfold before saying "I'm in". If I could remember what I was awaiting for...
Victin

Postby Pixelmage on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:14 pm

Alice is out, she could card-glide everyone down, but already having played aside, she's unconscious herself.
And vic... I'm afraid Isaac can't carry everyone down on his own. Not within a few short minutes.
Ippen... shinde miru?"
Pixelmage

Postby Guyshane on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:22 pm

I mean I guess I could have Red come to back you up but he would need another Power of Existence buff to keep fighting and we probably don't want to attempt that while being attacked by One-wing angel!Mewtwo
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:26 pm

Guyshane wrote:I mean I guess I could have Red come to back you up but he would need another Power of Existence buff to keep fighting and we probably don't want to attempt that while being attacked by One-wing angel!Mewtwo

Well, I just need someone to go handle getting everyone off the island, because if anyone is still there when I finish, well... Let's just say that between Sabrac and MewTwo, there will not be much left of them.

Working with me on this essentially consists of whoever it is running up towards Alice as MewTwo tries to kill her, seeing me intercept MewTwo, getting orders from Sabrac to take everyone and flee, then doing so.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Guyshane on Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:27 pm

Well yea that doesn't work since Red is still dragging Marisa away from the battlefield
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Sicon112 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:50 pm

I'm glad to announce that SABRAC IS BACK. :twisted: Ever-present monologues and all.

Xana, I'm now looking for you, so when you are ready to work on it, come and look for me. I DO have some things I will be doing this afternoon, so if I am not around, just wait a bit and hopefully I will show up.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Lordxana0 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:06 pm

Want to play the first RP? Not scarred of Mimsy or Sicons mega posts? Ever wanted to play your favorite character from some form of media to beat up other people from other forms of media? Then join the first RP today by making a character and putting it into the first RP's character sheet page

Warning: Only accepting two people to refill player count
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Endless Sea on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:33 pm

Currently drafting a character now. ^^
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:55 pm

Sicon I know you are busy with stuff but in order to try and get this RP up again I am reinstating the three day rule. Three days from now if you don't have a new post up I am going to skip to the next player.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Sicon112 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:24 pm

Sure thing.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:57 pm

I'm about to where I lost the post last time. Think I'm probably heading to bed early. I should be able to get the rest done tomorrow.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:52 pm

Back and writing. Going pretty well. Just about to the part where MewTwo and Sabrac destroy everything ever. :P
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:57 pm

Progress update: Destruction of everything has started. :twisted: I'm now well past the point where I lost the post last time. Now for awesomeness.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby Sicon112 on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:26 pm

Post still going strong. I'm at 3,000 words and almost 17,000 characters.
Sicon112
Meta-Witch Hunter

Postby JackAlsworth on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:45 pm

I think it's relevant to say that when I started reading the previous two posts, Emiya started playing in my shuffled Youtube playlist.
JackAlsworth

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplaying