Member Updates

Anything goes.

Re: Member Updates

Postby narrativedilettante on Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:24 am

My sympathies, Kari. These types of transitions are difficult.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby JRPictures on Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:58 am

I've been good lately. Started my TAFE course, a Diploma in Screen and Media which is nice so far.

Watching plenty of anime too and all.

Also random thought: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZseQYhTpl4

Is it me or is the guy in the picture at 00:47 look a lot like Tom (as in our Tom Pike)? Also this webshow is hilarious and short too, you should all watch it. The stuff I find on Reddit can be gold.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

INSTANTIATION NUMBER: 10-15-14-15

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

:gurt: :geek: :ugeek:
JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:31 pm

I put Adell on the Memetic Badass page for TV Tropes. He has now joined the ranks of The Doctor and Lime Man.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby IslaKariese on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:36 pm

It's not so very hard to ascend the ranks of badassery when you finkin' zap Cthulhu in the face.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:40 am

IslaKariese wrote:It's not so very hard to ascend the ranks of badassery when you finkin' zap Cthulhu in the face.

And get knocked out, then LIVE.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Anura on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:31 am

My internet was knocked out for a week in all the storms. It's fixed now.
Anura

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:46 am

Guys, about the Lego Movie, I found something on the WMG page.

SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T READ THE MOVIE!

................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................
................................V................................................................................................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................................................
....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................v..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................vv....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................vv......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
..................................................................................................................................................
.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
You still here? GOOD.

Okeedokee, here it is:

WMG: Minifigures in our world can move by themselves simply by concentrating, but only when our backs are turned.
Think about it a little. When Emmet concentrates while in the basement, he moves of his own accord- but only while The Man Upstairs isn't looking at him.. So maybe the minifigs we play with can do the same thing too. This literally just happened to me while I was building a LEGO Movie set. I set Emmet upright, turned to get something, and then I heard a clacking sound. The minifigure had fallen over without any outside force. And I wasn't looking at him.

BLOODY HELL THE WALL'S BEING BROKEN AGAIN!
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Victin on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:44 pm

So, I was reading Clash of Kings (please no spoilers related to the rest of the book, series and tv series, even if I already know a handful) and the first Samwell chapter really felt like Attack On Titan's Expedition: On Ice, but with smaller Titans.
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Krika on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:22 pm

So, I'm actually watching Power Rangers for once. Super Megaforce as it comes out, and working my way through Jungle Fury (specifically since I haven't actually found much of a fan opinion on it - it seems like a pretty average generic season).
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby JRPictures on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:50 am

Krika wrote:So, I'm actually watching Power Rangers for once. Super Megaforce as it comes out, and working my way through Jungle Fury (specifically since I haven't actually found much of a fan opinion on it - it seems like a pretty average generic season).

Ah Power Rangers, the pinnacle of campy fight scenes and cheesy morals.

Still the teased Legend War at the end of Super Megaforce looks bloody epic.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

The Forum Killer (Sign Up/Discussion): http://forum.watchthefootage.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=410 (You better sign up OR ELSE)

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:09 am

I grew up with Power Rangers, but it wasn't something I paid much attention to. Especially since every time I turned around there was a new incarnation. In my teens, I knew a bit of Dino Thunder, a bit more of SPD, and a good chunk of Mystic Force, but they quickly got away from me again.
The voices in my head tell me that we saved the world. However, they also told me that George Clooney's face is on the dollar bill, so... meh. The voices are more fun, anyway.
IslaKariese

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:20 am

I fell out of it after watching what (in my opinion) was the best season. RPM.

Power Rangers crossed with Terminator? Yes please.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby SpiritfChaos on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:40 am

I wasn't allowed to watch Power Rangers as a child.
I'm just a guy who wants to help save the world.
SpiritfChaos

Postby narrativedilettante on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:18 am

I LOVED Power Rangers when I was a kid. It was one of my earliest obsessions.

The obsession didn't last as I grew up, though. Now, not only do I not have any passion for Power Rangers, I seriously can't even remember lots of basic stuff about it. Like any of the characters' names or anything.
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until the day after.
narrativedilettante
Meta-Robin

Postby IslaKariese on Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:53 pm

There are so many characters, that's not a surprise at all. The only constant was Tommy, and he wasn't in every season, I don't think.
IslaKariese

Postby Adell on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:41 pm

narrativedilettante wrote:I LOVED Power Rangers when I was a kid. It was one of my earliest obsessions.

The obsession didn't last as I grew up, though. Now, not only do I not have any passion for Power Rangers, I seriously can't even remember lots of basic stuff about it. Like any of the characters' names or anything.

I remember the green rangers name was Tommy! That's about all I remember
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Guyshane on Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:49 pm

I'm still a fan but I've yet to see a season that lives up to the quality of In Space
I say we nuke it from orbit...its the only way to be sure.
Guyshane

Postby Endless Sea on Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:11 pm

Then you must not have watched RPM yet. Go do that. Naow.
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby Guyshane on Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:51 pm

Nope watched it, it was good. However even as it was good I noticed that it itself even took part of its plot from In Space noticeably SPOILERS the whole amnesiac sister plotline. Which is not to say I think everything needs to be original or that they didn't do as good a job as In Space did with it, merely that its something interesting to note.

And while I did like it nearly as much as In Space it didn't manage to topple Space as my favorite

Edit: Also one minor gripe I have with RPM is that while the series is good its theme song suuuuucks
Guyshane

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:27 pm

Guyshane wrote:Nope watched it, it was good. However even as it was good I noticed that it itself even took part of its plot from In Space noticeably SPOILERS the whole amnesiac sister plotline. Which is not to say I think everything needs to be original or that they didn't do as good a job as In Space did with it, merely that its something interesting to note.

And while I did like it nearly as much as In Space it didn't manage to topple Space as my favorite

Edit: Also one minor gripe I have with RPM is that while the series is good its theme song suuuuucks

My one question is does In Space hold up on its own without the previous seasons of continuity backing it up? I mean RPG had one season but In Space was the build up of a lot of seasons with the huge pay off.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Postby Guyshane on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:59 pm

In theory that's true, and in that some of the episodes they would not have worked as well. Notable examples of this are the episode where Adam comes back to help as well as countdown to destruction (since while we would have seen evil winning against power rangers all over the universe we wouldn't have had the connection to those rangers). However if you look at the majority of the episodes they're actually surprisingly self-contained to that season alone. I mean sure they are still chasing Zordon from the last season but if someone came in without knowledge of why he was important he'd just be a macguffin and plenty of stories function perfectly fine with macguffins
Guyshane

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:40 am

So I just finished watching Beau Hunks. Best Laurel and Hardy movie ever, in my opinion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4017sOFyOFM

It also has the most hilarious military battle ever.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:45 am

<_< When did Member Updates turn into the Chatter thread?
eli_gone_crazy

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:46 pm

eli_gone_crazy wrote:<_< When did Member Updates turn into the Chatter thread?

Excuse me while I delete the above post and transfer it to the Chatter thread.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby JRPictures on Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:31 pm

The Wild West Pyro wrote:
eli_gone_crazy wrote:<_< When did Member Updates turn into the Chatter thread?

Excuse me while I delete the above post and transfer it to the Chatter thread.

I think you're overreacting Pyro, there's no need to do all that.
JRPictures.
Going Meta since 2010.

JRPictures
Meta-Knight

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic