Floating Castle fanfics: Minor drabbles.

It's a castle....and it's floating! :O

Moderator: Floating Castle Mods

Floating Castle fanfics: Minor drabbles.

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:38 pm

Vermin Lord x Minotaur

“How long do you think we have been here?” the vermin controlling mage looked toward his new and only friend with a sigh. His friend answered with a grunt, which made sense given that his friend was a Minotaur. Not the best conversation partner, but he got the meaning behind the grunt. “Yeah guess it doesn't really matter does it?”
Apparently wherever they were was what acquitted to an afterlife. Through it wasn’t like the any afterlife he had heard of before.

There was just darkness, him, and his Minotaur friend. It had taken awhile but they had both managed to communicate the last thing they remembered was well…dying. He had been eaten due to one of his spells backfiring and his friend had been… well it was hard to tell. Given how he looked and the fact he had tried to kill him on first meeting he was guessing probably the so called heroes of the castle. Eventually they realized that even if they wanted to neither of them could die, so they had instead decided to just focus on exploring the darkness together. Even through it was dark, and sometimes even with someone next to him it was horrifying he felt a strange sense of peace. He wasn’t alone, not like he had been before. Even if the creature next to him was a monster in many ways he was at least here.

“Hey Minos” The Vermin Lord turned to his partner and used the nickname he had given the beast.

“Hm?” the monster grunted.

“Thanks for traveling with me” he put his hand on it’s for a moment and smiled.

The Minotaur was silent for a moment before taking the man’s hand in his. Maybe just out of the desire to feel something other than its own skin. Maybe for something more.

They continued walking further into the black void around them, at least knowing that no matter what happened they would have each other.
Who you going to call? ME!
Lordxana0

Re: Floating Castle fanfics: Minor drabbles.

Postby Lordxana0 on Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:40 pm

So then a story from my friends in full. This one is NSFW so no reading it unless you are legal age to read NSFW content in your country. It is Anji x Lori.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1W9v ... g9vNM/edit

Send thoughts or reviews to my inbox. It took a lot for these guys to share their work and I would love to send them praises or jeers to help them approve.
Lordxana0

Postby RussetDivinity on Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:22 am

Fern x Likovya (because I'm still kind of shipping that picture of Fern with Princess!Likovya)

From what Likovya had heard, the library was supposed to be a frightening place. At least, she had been warned against one of the Lorekeepers by Isidor, who had shuddered and urged her to avoid the place and people inside at all costs. She didn't really know what the big problem was. The one Lorekeeper she had met was likely the least frightening person she had ever encountered.

"So you're sure there's nothing about a son," she said, not sure if he had mentioned that or not. It was very easy to get bored in this place, though it was amusing to see Fern's face light up as he pored over the old books. Perhaps if the script was neater in some of them she would have been able to read without mouthing the words, but Master Weston had only ever taught the circus brats to read and write print.

"Quite sure," Fern said, turning a few more pages. "In fact, I do not believe there is any mention of progeny at all. Your friend must have been mistaken or misled."

Her friend. She and Fitzroy had so nearly been lovers, but that was three years ago. He likely thought she was dead by now and had found some proper lady to be his marchioness. Even if he hadn't, she wasn't the girl he had called his Kovyasha. She was a killer, and Fitzroy likely wouldn't recognize her if she were to see him again.

"Perhaps it was a translation error that led your friend to believe he was the son of a female king," Fern continued. "There are certain cultures that have names for their rulers that have no certain gender. The Sialvi, for example --"

His voice was cut off by Likovya's mouth pressed over his. After a second, she pulled back, refusing to regret the kiss.

"Well." Fern looked at her, and she wondered what sorts of secrets lay behind his eyes, what he had pulled out of books and tucked into his mind. "That was unexpected."

"Did you like it?" She crossed and uncrossed her ankles under the table, waiting.

"I... I suppose I did, yes. Although it was rather unexpected, as I said, and if I had had more time to prepare..."

"Let me try again." She reached across the table and set a hand beneath his chin. His eyes were a strange mix of blue and brown, and she stared into them for a few seconds, giving him time to prepare before she kissed him again. It was softer this time, and slower, and even though the edge of the table was digging into her midsection she didn't want it to end. When she pulled back, she saw that Fern was smiling.

"Yes," he said. "I believe I did like it."
Jubilation and despair are two sides of the same coin.
RussetDivinity

Postby Lordxana0 on Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:30 am

Ben wandered around the ruins of some forgotten temple in one of the gods forsaken floors of the flying castle that she called her home, waiting for her friend who had asked to meet her here. Why they didn’t just come together was a question that she really felt needed asking. And she swore that if one more minute had to be spent waiting here she was going to kill Hector. There were other things she could be doing, like sleeping, or training some of the less experienced fighters so they wouldn’t get eaten by a Grue or something else that wasn’t suppose to exist but somehow did. Dragons were one thing, but vampires, demons, goblins? When was enough just enough with this place. She paused in her wandering as she heard a new pair of footsteps walk toward the ruins, drawing her blade free and turning toward the approaching figure. “Hector?” she asked, ready to strike should it be something that wasn’t Hector.

“Yeah don’t kill me” he walked out behind a crumbling wall and dusted himself off with a grin. “This place is surprisingly hard to find, kind makes me wish I had a second map”

Ben put her face against her palm and sighed deeply. “You gave me the only copy you had of the map?”

He blinked. “Well yeah how else would have you found it”

She raised her hand to counter that argument but found it so sincere that she really couldn’t. “Okay whatever not the point. Why are we in this forsaken dump?”

Hector clapped his hands together. “Right straight to it” he pulled Ivory off his back and leveled it at her. “Ben I challenge you to a duel”

It took several moments for the words to connect in her brain, but as soon as they had Ben felt a wave of confusion pass through her. “You do what now?”

He grinned at her and held his stance. “I challenge you to a duel. If I win then you will agree to go with me to dinner.”

Oh so thats what this was about. “If you wanted to get something to eat its fine Hector, I can pick up the tab for it” she shook her head at her thick headed friends lack of forethought.

“No I mean in a romantic sense” Hector put his blade on the ground and looked at her. “Like a… whats the word?”

Ben’s blood turned to ice. “Date?” this was quickly becoming something that she hadn’t been expecting. This was suppose to be a mission, or maybe a good place to talk? Hell even training. She had not come here expected to get asked on a date by one of her friends and fellow adventures.
“Well sounds about as good as any other word” he gave a shrug of his shoulders. “So do you accept?”

Ben quickly looked around, confirming they were both alone and this wasn’t some kind of horrible prank. “Listen Hector…”

He raised his hand. “I know the reasons you feel that you shouldn’t, and that is why I am challenging you to a duel. Unless you believe you can’t beat me” he baited her and raised his blade. “Need an answer here Ben, whatever it may be”

Oh challenging her pride, for a dumb guy he could be pretty smart sometimes. “...Fine…” she pulled free her own blade and took a stance. “But don’t expect that I am going to take it easy on you Hector. You aren’t going to win this”

He let out a laugh at that and charged her. “Lets see about that!”

And with that the two entered combat, swords striking each other and letting loose brilliant sparks that lit up the otherwise pitch black night. Both warriors were skilled in their own rights. Hector had more pure strength and tenacity but Ben had skill and focus. The two seemed evenly matched in so many ways that at some point the battle almost seemed to slip away. In some form the duel almost became like a dance between the two fighters, a thing of beauty under a false sky projected by the castle they were both trapped in. Finally after a full hour of combat Ben knocked the blade from Hector’s hands and put her sword against his throat. “Yield” she said, her body covered in sweat from the battle.

Hector looked at his blade and then at Ben before taking a step back and nodding. “I yield this battle to you” if he was disappointed by the loss he didn’t show it, through he looked about as tired as his opponent did. “I guess this was not really useful in the end was it?”

Ben looked at the man for a few moments before turning around and walking a few paces, turning her head after a few steps to look at Hector. “If we don’t get back soon all of the places in the city are going to be closed down.”

Hector walked over to his blade and picked it up, looking at her with confusion. “But I lost…”

The woman turned her head forward and began to walk once more. “Your prize was taking me to dinner, my prize is taking you to dinner. Now get moving”

His eyes lit up and he followed after her with a warm smile. “I think this is the happiest I have ever been to lose at something”
Lordxana0

Postby Adell on Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:54 pm

Hector sat upon the long on the base of the campsite, while his allies rested for the night on their currently long journey. After a lot of battling and heavy lifting, however, the swordsman felt that his blade needed some tending to. Unsheathing the weapon from his back, he laid it across his knees and gently began using a sharpening stone on it. “Ivory, you’re just the best sword ever.” He admitted to the weapon, stars in his eyes. At that moment a strong feeling came over him, so strong it brought the man to sing aloud as he performed the maintenance on his old master’s sword.

“Ivory, oh Ivory, so sharp and strong
Ivory, Ivory, My enemies fall to you all year long
And That is why, I’ma siiinging this song. doodoodeedoodumdumdeedooooo,”

A slight break, as the man seemed to use the rythme of the grind stone as a make shift instrument.

“Ivory, oh Ivory, you are the very best
When it comes to skills you pass the test
Ivory, oh Ivory, you sure are a cut above the rest!
HA, PUNS!”

For a brief moment following this verse, the man began to whistle, the equivalent of a solo for this little serenade.

“Our enemies are always trying to make a muck
If they face you, they better duck
If they don't, they’re out of luck
And when you strike it's gonna suck
Because you really don’t giiiive a fu-”

“HECTOR!” Ben barked from the other side of the camp. “Will you shut up, some of us are trying to sleep.”

There was a brief moment of silence amidst the night sky, before the man lowered his head pathetically. “Sorry…sorry 'bout that.”
If you ever need to ask the questions "Am I needed? Should I help them?" The answer is always yes. Always.
Adell
Meta-Lovecrafter

Postby Lordxana0 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:40 am

NSFW Lori and Hara. You know the rules unless you are of legal age don't click the link

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Qxm ... H0MOk/edit
Lordxana0

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:38 am

So eli and I wrote a fanfic with a couple of our own characters. I don't mind if you get confused.

----

Anji huddled against the large marble doors, eyes red and puffy from crying. Rain poured from the sky, thunder rumbling somewhere far away. She pulled her knees closer to her chest, fresh tears pouring down her faces as sobs shuddered through her body.

The King put a hand to the cold marble and it melted away at her touch. She had known of the man’s death, of course: a man who had once been a close friend of hers. She had not seen or spoke to him in years, afraid of what he would see, but she did not mourn him less for that.

Brynna bent low, gathering her Castle up in her arms to take her inside, out of the rain. The doors reasserted themselves, solid and imposing, behind her, as she carried the smaller woman in, the hallway reshaping itself as she walked. “Auren.”

Auren curled up tighter, shaking her head at the King.

At last, Brynna settled in a small alcove, lit but not too brightly, and curled up on the spongy marble, Auren in her lap. She stroked the Castle’s forehead, demanding nothing, offering warmth.

Anji didn’t move for hours, eventually falling asleep on the new bed.

When the Castle woke, there was a bone china cup filled with clear, sparkling water, and a matching bowl filled with oatmeal, sitting on an ivory shelf within her reach.

The woman stared at the food, fresh tears welling in her eyes as she rolled over, ignoring the offering. Brynna rubbed her Castle’s back gently, as the bowl of oatmeal silently vanished and was replaced by a plate stacked with slices of spiced toast with cheese.

Auren closed her eyes, mutely throwing an arm over her eyes. The light in the alcove dimmed in response.

The castle only stirred to shift positions as her stomach grew increasingly tight, forcing her to have to concentrate harder to find the sweet release that unconsciousness held.

“Please eat,” Brynna said softly on the tenth day, when her Castle’s hunger was too much for her to bear. The food still sat on the shelf, as fresh as on the day she created it.

Anji shifted, looking at the King dolefully.

The older woman reached out, taking the cup of water in one hand and a slice of toast in the other, gently bringing first one, then the other, to Auren’s lips.

The Castle ate reluctantly, but obeyed her King, stopping only when Brynna stopped forcing food to her mouth.

When her Castle stopped, the plate vanished, leaving the cup of water, newly filled, on the shelf. Brynna hugged her charge lightly, and patted her on the head.

Anji relaxed, beginning to sob again, burying her head in Brynna’s shoulder. The King held her to herself, strong hands holding the Castle steady.

-some time later-

Brynna led the girl into the new room, with bright artificial light seeming to warm its marble walls. An ornate silver washstand stood in the corner; much of the room was taken up by an ivory-lined four-poster bed whose embroidered silk sheets and pillowcases looked rich, warm, and, above all, comfortable. “You can sleep here,” she said softly. “Or as you like. I made it for you.”

Auren looked up at the King, something uncertain in her eyes. She padded over to the bed, sliding neatly into it and closing her eyes. Brynna stood at the door for a few minutes, watching the woman with concern. At last, satisfied that Auren was safe, she turned away, leaving the door open.

Auren started awake, mildly panicky for a moment until she remembered where she was. She frowned, missing the feel of someone around her, and began searching the rooms of the palace for someone, anyone to be there.

She quietly opened a small side door to reveal a room, unadorned and plain. A small marble bed occupied most of the space, with the King asleep upon it. Auren smiled, and stepped towards the bed, taking care not to wake up the woman as she curled up by her feet to sleep.

Brynna woke, something in the back of her mind out of place. Brief probing found her her Castle, at her feet on the mattress.

“Oh, Auren,” she whispered, gathering the woman up in her arms to hold her carefully, as a thick blanket formed on top of them.

When Auren awoke, she was warm, arms loosely cradling her. She looked up, smiling slightly as she saw the King, pupils dilating as she kissed her lightly.

Brynna pulled away first, shaking her head. “Not like this, Auren,” she said sadly, and kissed the top of the Castle’s head.

Auren’s voice whimpered for a moment, the unused chords making her tone more pitiful than she meant. She shook her head, and moved closer to the King, curling herself around the other.

“It’s all right,” the King murmured in her ear. “It’s all right to feel, Auren.”

Auren shivered, and kissed the woman again, eyes pulling closed.

Brynna shuddered as she ended the kiss again, the motion making her stomach roll. “No,” she said, gentle but firm. “You are more than what the magic makes of you, Auren. He wouldn’t want you to lose yourself like that.” Her voice wavered. “And neither would I.”

Auren broke eye contact with the King, curling in on herself as she earned mistaken displeasure. Glancing up at the King, she began to slide to the bottom of the bed once more.

Brynna tugged lightly on her arm. “I’m sorry, Auren. It’s okay, honey. I’ll take care of you.”

Auren looked up at the King, eyes filled with trust. “Love?”

Brynna closed her eyes, her arms going rigid for a moment around the Castle. “I love you, Auren,” she admitted, barely audible. “But we aren’t ready for this.” She fought down the nausea her words brought on.

The Castle nodded to herself for a moment, and slid back into Brynna’s arms. Pulling as close as she could manage, Auren closed her eyes. “Love.”

-----

Anji sighed, glancing plaintively at the marble doors. With a soft, hesistant motion, she began pawing, seeking a seam where the door met the wall.

Brynna shuddered, and the doors did with her, opening to let the Castle out. “Be well, Auren,” she whispered, standing at the far end of the room.

Auren whimpered, and moved toward the King, unable to see her liege as she held out her hand. The King came forward slowly, to kneel beside the girl. “You aren’t a prisoner, Auren,” she said softly. “But I am. I will be here for you, when you want to return.”

Auren looked pleadingly at the woman. “Please... come...?” she said haltingly.

Brynna hugged Auren around the shoulder, leaning her head on hers, eyes closed to hide how much it meant just to hear the Castle’s voice again. “I can’t,” she said, shamefaced. “I’m a danger out there. I will be with you, watching over you, to keep you safe.”

Auren frowned. “Who… Who keeps y-you safe?”

“The marble walls here protect me from outside, Auren. I’ll be safe inside.”

“Don’t wanna go without you.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Do you want me to stay?” Auren looked up at her King with worried eyes, quickly breaking eye contact. “Can I stay and be yours?”

“You are my Castle,” Brynna said distantly, ignoring the shooting pain her words brought on. “I am your King. I will still be here when you return, Auren. We don’t belong to one another yet.”

“Yes, my lady.” Auren bowed her head, and walked out of the palace, hesitantly exploring the outside. The doors remained open behind her, leaving the Castle a way in, and the King retreated ever deeper into her palace, away from the doors, marble walls rising up behind her.

----

Auren knocked on the doors of the palace, quietly composing herself. They swung open slowly, and the woman held back a moment’s panic as she walked through them.

Hidden behind walls, Brynna felt her Castle’s return, her heart beating in a cold tattoo against her chest. “Brynna?” Auren called, exploring the blank marble walls. “My lady?”

The first wall melted away, the King’s panic rising.

Auren walked in, a small smile growing on her face. “Hello, my King. I’ve been away. I missed you.”

The second wall crumbled, as Brynna made her way to one of the thrones on her hidden dais.

Auren walked before the dais, stopping to kneel before the throne, head bent. “And, I’ve come to present myself and see if I can be found worthy of your Kingship.”

Brynna shuddered at the gesture, turning away slightly to motion to the empty throne. “This one’s for you.”

Auren stood, and looked at the throne for a moment. It trembled and shrank, straight cut marble becoming living wood. The smell of lavender filled the air, and Auren smiled. “With the niceties out of the way, hello, my Brynna. How are you?”

“I’ve missed you,” the King said quietly, instinctively curling toward the woman at the sound of her name. “It’s a comfort to have you back, Auren.”

“Missed me as your Castle?” Auren slid closer, and knelt by the throne with her head in Brynna’s lap. “Or as your Auren?”

“I missed my friend.”

“Right here.” Auren promised, pulling the King into a hug, long and wordless.

-----------------

“Do you want to talk?” Brynna asked, meeting Auren’s eyes as an afterthought. “About him? I know we haven’t much need for words, but… sometimes it helps to speak them. To cope.”

Auren met her friend’s eyes, and broke away. “It wouldn’t like me to.” She sighed, and added, “Some days I wake up not even remembering his name. Or what he looked like, or smelled like.”

“Maybe if we keep generating the memory, it will keep it whole?” The King looked away. “It’s hard to forget that infuriating smile, like he was waiting for you to get the joke.”

Auren smiled at the memory. “And he’d always hold me, even when I didn’t need it.”

“He said he liked to fade into the background, but then you’d notice the look in his eye that said he was still watching everybody else.”

“He never ate black beans.” Auren laughed. “He’d eat everything except for those. I don’t know why.”

“He’d sooner cut his thumb off than be discourteous, no matter how rude someone acted to him.”

“The only person that ever took better care of me than him was… you.”

Brynna shook her head fondly. “I doubt I come close,” she said softly.

Auren smiled softly, and leaned in to kiss the King, eyes slipping closed. Brynna reacted to the kiss instinctively, drawing closer to the Castle. When it ended, she met Auren’s eyes with a serious expression. “Are you sure, Auren,” she asked, “that you want this?”

Auren bit her lip, and looked up at the King. “I love you.”

Brynna sighed deeply, leaning forward again. “I have loved you for… a very long time, Auren mine.”

Auren trembled, and leaned closer, shushing her with a kiss. When she pulled away, she said, “You don’t have to wait any longer.” She smiled, and leaned close again. “Let’s stop worrying for a bit.”

The King smiled, holding her Castle close. “That sounds like a good plan to me.”
Lead by example. Get lost in a swamp.

AS DICTATED TO INSTANTIATION 17-01-18-01.
Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Krika on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:35 am

Fern liked books. They had information in them, and he was raised to value information above all else. There was nothing that he enjoyed that was quite like digging into a good set of books, and pulling bits and pieces of information together to bring some obscure fact or piece of knowledge to light. Unfortunately, not everyone liked doing this, and thus they often outsourced the task to someone who did when they needed it done.

This led him to his current activity of searching through records of royal bloodlines (and surprisingly recent ones at that. He wondered, not for the first time, why some of the books that they uncovered were so up-to-date). Likovya had requested it for some reason, and he had spare time on his hands, so he saw no reason not to acquiesce.

She leaned over from where she had been sitting on an opposite side of the table they were at, looking down at the book he was currently going through.. “So you’re sure there’s nothing about a son?” She was looking for someone in the records, a friend of hers, and who had claimed to be royalty of some sort, although it was looking like there was no helpful information to clarify that fact. He might ask for more details if nothing else turned up, which was looking increasingly likely.

“I am quite sure.” He paused to skim through a couple more pages. “In fact, I am finding no mention of any sort of progeny at all. Your friend must be mistaken, or possibly misled.” He frowned and glared at the book for a moment before looking up at her. She mirrored his movement, looking at him as well. Some part of his brain was telling him that their faces were really rather close right now, but like many stray thoughts that wandered through his head, he ignored it.

“Perhaps it was a translation error of some sort that led your friend to believe that he was the son of a female king? There are certain cultures that have gender-neutral names for their leaders, that do not translate well. The Sialvi, for example-”

And suddenly she was there, kissing him full on the lips. His brain locked up, and quite suddenly the part of it that contained his libido has taken over quite a bit of control of what was going on. He felt himself start to blush furiously as her warm, soft lips pressed against his. A moment later, she pulled back.

Fern looked at her, into her deep eyes that sparkled with brightness and laughter. He was suddenly very aware of her presence, the warmth radiating off of her. Her vest was hugging her body in a way that was suddenly very distracting, her slender arms stretched out on the table in front of him, but he couldn't take his eyes off of her face, with it’s small smile, and hair that seems to glow slightly in the light, and her extraordinary eyes.

He opened his mouth, trying to stay something, anything. He gave it his best effort, but nothing came out except for stammers and stutters and other half-spoken fragments. His face felt so hot he wouldn't be surprised if it burst into flame any second. And while he sat there making a fool of himself with his stammering and awkwardness, Likovya was sitting there, looking at him with that small smile on her face.

“Did you like it?” The sound of her voice rallied him, giving his libido a foothold to gain ground on the rest of his mind. She seemed nervous, a bit of worry stealing into her eyes. Worry because of his lack of reaction? He felt a surge of energy rush through his system, banishing his awkwardness, and he could talk again.

“I...I suppose I did, yes? I..I do not have any particular experience of this kind, so I do not think I have much I can judge it against….” He trailed off as she reached across the table with her hand, gently grasping his chin.

“Let me try again.” She paused for a few moments, their faces barely separated, her eyes staring into his. He barely had time to exhale a breath that he didn't know he was holding and then they were kissing again. This time it lasted for longer, and he felt electric tingles where their skin was touching, little shivers of pleasure that ran up and down his spine.

When she finally pulled away, he found himself grinning, too happy to think of anything else. “I think...I think I did like it, yes.”

Fern liked books, but right now they were the last thing on his mind.
Last edited by Krika on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:57 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby RussetDivinity on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:37 am

"You know, I never really considered the Castle as having seasons," Jenny said. She leaned on the counter of her little shop (though it wasn't entirely hers) and looked out the window. Sunlight was beating down on the streets outside, and the air was hot and still, even though the windows were open. It was hotter outside, but that was only because of the little ice mage she paid to sit in the back and cool things down. "It seems strange that there's even a sky."

"I'd never thought about that much before." Ben stepped out of the back room, holding a bowl full of cream and mint extract which she stirred vigorously. "This whole place is magic, though, so I suppose it makes some kind of sense."

Jenny shrugged. Sense wasn't something she associated with the Castle. "Go back with Reena before that stuff melts."

"It hasn't had a chance to freeze yet. Besides, I wanted a chance to see you again." Ben set the bowl on the counter and ran the back of her hand across Jenny's cheek.

"You saw me half an hour ago." Jenny smiled nevertheless, not minding that Ben wanted to spend even more time together than they already did. She felt happier around the warrior, and happiness wasn't something she had thought she would be used to. She still wasn't used to it, but she was getting there. "Did you miss me already?"

"Did you miss me?"

Jenny leaned across the counter as though she were about to confide a secret. "I love you," she whispered.

"I love you, too."

Their lips hadn't been locked for more than six seconds before Jenny heard a little voice from by the door. "Miss Jenny? Can I have some ice cream?"

She pulled back and smiled apologetically at Ben. "Sorry. My business awaits."

As Ben returned to the back room, Jenny served the little girl a bowl heaped with vanilla ice cream and sliced strawberries.
RussetDivinity

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:00 pm

Nova picked up the heavy book, careful not to stretch too far and pull out a stitch.

Marcus looked up from the book he was reading as he heard several off-balance footsteps. Oh, its Anji...Nova...whatever her name is. Well I should probably just leave her alone. He looked back at his research. Then again she might actually need help. Oh hell. Standing up he walked over to the smaller woman. “Excuse me, Nova? Do you need some help?” He asked gently.

Nova twisted nearly colliding with the corner of a shelf, holding the book protectively in front of her. “Uh, wh-who are y-you?”

“Marcus,” he said, holding up his hands in a placating gesture. “You’ve met me before,” the warrior reminded her gently.

“Oh,” Nova’s arms shook as she tried to place the tome on the table. “You look… scary.”

“I promise I won’t hurt you.” He reached out and took hold of the tome, lifting it from the smaller woman’s hands and placing it on the table.

Nova looked up at him, nodding her head. “O-okay, thank you. Are you a Loreknight?”

“No I’m not. I’m just here researching a…..personal matter. See I’m part of Storm and Drive, do you remember that?”

“No, what’s… What’s a Storm and Drive?”

“Its your…” he trailed off as he caught her expression. “Its not really important.”

“Oh.” Nova bit her lip anxiously, edging away. “T-thanks for the help, M-marcus.”

“Its no problem An-Nova. I’ll just...just be over here if you need me.” Marcus headed back towards his book dejectedly.

Nova returned an hour later, shaky and pale. “Y-you s-said you remember me? D-do you t-think you…” She trailed off, playing with the edge of the table.

“Think I….what? Tell you about you? Not bring up you? I can fairly easily do both of those things.” He replied absentmindedly.

“Can you take me home?” Nova’s voice cracked, and she stared down at the floor.

Marcus reached up and gently placed his hand on her shoulder. “I’d be happy to. Where are you staying?

“I-I don’t know… Here? I can’t remember.” Nova teared up, and slumped further in her seat.

“Then I don’t know where to take you, the guild hall is destroyed, the back-up base is too. I don’t even have my own place anymore. Sorry.” He explained.

Nova nodded sadly, looking up to meet his eyes, her own vulnerable. “You’ll come back, right?”

“Do you want me too?”

Nova bit her lip, nodding her assent. “Please.”

Marcus simply nodded. “Then I will be, no question.”

----

“Okay so you see here Nova this is where the inn used to be. It was called...The Druken Dragon? The Drinking Dragon? Hovel of Mongooses?” Marcus scratched the back of his head in exasperation. “I don’t know, someone told me once but I can’t say I remember. It was run down but it wasn’t to bad of a home.”

Nova nodded, studying the ruin. “How did it burn?”

“The mobs set it on fire. Because mobs set thing on fire on principle as far as I can tell.” The soldier glared about at the absent offenders. “Bastards.”

“... Bastards,” Nova repeated. “Did you live here?”

He nodded. “Yes, but not as long as everyone else did.”

“Oh,” Nova slid closer to him, wrapping her arm around his. “‘s kind of scary, this place.”

Marcus looked down at her in surprise. “Don’t worry, I can protect you. The things here wish they were as scary as I am to my enemies,” he replied smiling at her.

Nova smiled back, straightening. “You’re brave, I think.”

“Well, after a fashion I suppose,” the big man joked.

The girl peered up at him, hesitantly smiling. “Were we friends?”

“Yes”

Nova nodded, leaning closer again. “Thanks for coming back.”

Marcus wrapped his arm around her and gently pulled the small woman into his side. “Wasn’t a problem.” He looked around. “Come on, lets go before someone notices us.”

“Where are we going?”

“Well…..” he paused for a moment. “We could go get food or just back to the library. I just want us to get out of here before someone sees you and thinks you’re an easy target.”

“Not a target,” Nova shook her head. “”m a Nova. Silly.”

The warrior looked disturbed. “That...was a joke, right? You were joking?”

Nova beamed at him, “You noticed!”

Marcus let out a sigh of relief. “Sure, lets go with that.”

“You’re weird,” Nova said, gently twining her arm in his.

Marcus stared at their twined arms, momentarily dumbfounded. Shaking his head, he recovered. “Like you’re one to talk Miss I-was-a-statue-last-week.”

“I was a statue?” Nova looked up at him, eyes wide and open. “Was I an ugly statue?”

“How would you suddenly be ugly just for being a statue? You looked the same then as you do now.”

“Oh,” Nova chewed on that for a moment, and asked, “Well am I ugly now?”

Marcus shook his head as they began to walk. “Of course not.”

Nova smiled, and leaned against him. “Where did you come from?”

“Small country, not far from Lamada, Orono and the like. I actually had to leave to find a national army to join. Even if you...even if you were Anji I doubt you’d have heard of it.” Marcus shivered at the memories. “Its already a weird place and well….lets just say some days I wish I was the one with amnesia.”

“No,” Nova said quietly. “Can’t remember. Bad thing.”

“Hmm?”

“You… You need to remember ‘cause forgetting is bad.”

Marcus opened and closed his mouth several times, trying to find something to say. In the end he just shrugged and kept walking.

“Where do you live?”

“At the moment my friend Rachel is giving me a place to stay, I need to find a new place since the inn is burned down.”

“Can’t… Can’t you stay at the library?” Nova bit her lip.

“Well….I could I just….haven't really considered it. Also I would kind of like to have my own place.” He shrugged. “Not like its a big deal but its nice to have a place that’s your own.”

Nova nodded, hanging her head. “Okay, then.”

Marcus lifted her face before gently tapping her with one finger on the nose. “Which does not mean I won’t be coming around to see you.”

Nova looked up at him adoringly, smile growing wider. “Really?”

“Of course silly. What did you think I was going to do, just leave you there?”

The girl bit her lip, averting her eyes.

Oh saints above, she actually did. Marcus hugged her tight. “Not everyone is going to leave you Nova. In fact I’m sure there are plenty who will make it a point not to.”

“Sure?” The voice was wavering, uncertain.

“Yes of course I am.” Marcus assured her as he stroked her hair gently.

Nova hugged him tightly, “Please don’t go.”

“Nova, relax. I’m going to keep coming back. Furthermore we aren’t even going back to the library yet we’re just going to lunch.” Marcus spoke softly hoping to calm the small woman down.

“Lunch sounds good,” Nova commented, releasing him. Her cheeks tinged pink, and she looked away.

Marcus smiled at her. “Well good because I was certainly looking forward to it. And you have the job of discovering which foods you actually like again.”

Nova tilted her head, “All food is good. Is that bad?”

“Do you actually remember that or are you just saying that because you’ve liked all the food you’ve eaten since waking up?”

“Dun’ remember an’thing. Like food though. ‘s good. You should try it sometime.” Nova smiled to herself, fingers tapping out a rhythm on her leggings.

“Oh look, someone's snark is growing back” he replied, tickling her side.

She laughed, pulling away, “Hey! Stop that!”

“Oh? And what if I don’t want to?” He asked, smiling as he stepped forward and tickled her more.

“Well-- hahaha-- That’s… That’s too bad!” Nova twisted out of reach, laughing as she sprinted down the street and away from him.

“You have to come back eventually,” he called after her, grinning like an idiot. “That is, if you want to go to lunch with me.”

A head peeked down from a familiar roof, “Really? Why can’t you come over here?”

Marcus looked up at her. “How did you even get up there so fast?”

“Climbed.”

The soldier nodded and looked over to one side. “Right, stupid question.” He cleared his throat. “Okay, so do you want to climb down?”

Nova thought for a moment, and shook her head, smiling mischievously.

“I do have ways of making you, I’d rather not use any of them.”

The girl said nothing more, yawning tiredly at the man.

Marcus picked up a piece of broken wood from the street and threw it at a plank under the section of the roof Nova was standing on, there was a creak and part of the roof fell into a downward slope. She fell off the roof...directly into Marcus’ arms.

He looked down at her. “I’ve been booby trapping places people might use to spy on me for months now. That was some bad luck for you wasn’t it?”

The girl stared at him for a moment, eyes wide. Then, she quickly began trying to get out of his arms.

Marcus lowered her to the ground and let her go. “Sorry, hope I didn’t scare you too much. One of these days I’ll explain at greater length why I’ve been setting those up.”

Nova crossed her arms over her chest, looking up at him with fear in her eyes, “Why?”

“You know about the Anti-guilds and their leaders. But I had powerful enemies before they tried to kill us.”

“Powerful enemies…” Nova bit her lip. “I can help?”

Marcus shook his head. “Maybe eventually but right now, no.”

“Oh,” Nova said again, hanging her head.

He put his hands on her shoulders. “Its not your fault. And I’m sure one day you will be able to, just….not yet.”

Nova nodded, looking up at him with wide eyes. “Friends?”

“We weren’t already?”

The girl’s eyes lit up, and she hugged him tightly.

“You know you’re much more affectionate now.” Marcus commented, looking down at her fondly.

“I am? I-Is that okay?” Nova bit her lip anxiously, arms still wrapped around the soldier.

“Getting punched in the arm versus hugs, hmm….I’ll have to think about that.” The warrior lifted his head in mock consideration. While she was distracted he reached down and began tickling her again. Nova laughed, trying to push his hands away.

“Its far too late now.” He said with a grin, wrapping one of his arms around her so she couldn’t escape.

Nova squealed, and began tickling him back.

“Tickling doesn’t work through armor.”

Nova giggled some more, struggling to get away. Finally, she gave up, panting hard. “Food?” She asked, in between pants of laughter.

“Are you sure? You seem to be enjoying yourself.” He ran his fingers gently over her ribs, drawing more giggles.

“‘m ticklish!” She laughed, looking up at him. “Not fair, ‘ttacking an unarmed person.”

“It is fair, I’m attacking you unarmed!”

“”ve got armor ‘n everythin’!” Nova giggled some more, and leaned her head against his chest, tiring.

“You never said anything about armor.” He replied, placing his head on top of hers. Hmm, she smells nice.

“Armor’s all sharp too,” Nova mumbled tiredly.

“You say that as you lean against smooth part.”

The girl looked up with irritation, and reached up a hand to muss his hair.

“Turnabout is fair play.” He said as he returned the favor.

Smiling, Nova leaned up, kissing him for a split second. Blushing furiously, she pulled away, looking anxiously up at the man.

Marcus froze. I...and…..I….what? Once again he opened his mouth trying to find anything to say and failing. Idiot! Say something! Anything!

“Uh...umm...lunch! Taking you to lunch. Then I’ll take you back to the library. And, uhh…..I’ll be back I-I just…..need a few days...yea…”

-----

Nova curled up by a high window, balancing on the wide windowsill to read. She had a book laying open on her lap, words unread. Every few minutes, she would glance out the window, looking onto the street with a carefully blank expression.

Eventually when she looked up she saw a familiar shape walking up the path towards the library. Wincing, she turned back to her book, face burning as she hoped not to be seen.

Eventually there was a knock on her door. “Nova, I know you’re in there. Please open up.”

“Go away,” the girl called, hunching closer to herself.

“I won’t. I promised I’d be back.”

Nova stood, pulling open the door, quickly wiping away any tears that may have formed. “What?”

He rubbed the back of his head nervously. “I-I’m sorry I freaked out on you the other day. We were enjoying ourselves and there was talking and then….” he paused. “Then there was the kiss and I didn’t mean to make it seem like you drove me off I just wasn’t ready, mentally and….Oh! To blazes with it!”

He stepped forward, took her face in his hands and kissed her. Nova tensed for a moment, relaxing as she fell into the kiss, arms moving to wrap around his neck.

Marcus pulled away from the kiss briefly. “Sorry about before.” Then he lifted her so they could kiss more easily.

Nova made a soft, happy noise, and leaned deeper into the kiss. “Thanks for coming back.”
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Endless Sea on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:33 am

"Hey, Curtiss?"

"What, Likovya?"

"I'm bored."

"Same."

"Very bored."

"Soooooo boooooooooooored."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...wanna f**k?"

"...sure, whatever."

AND THEN THEY F**KED

(the end)

(dear god why did I type this)
So, apparently I'm the sanest madman this side of the international date line. Seems legit.
Endless Sea

Postby RussetDivinity on Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:09 am

Likovya didn't exactly bounce on her toes, but she came very close. She held her sword lightly in her hand, and there was a sort of sarcastic grace to her stance, if a body could be said to be sarcastic. The only good thing Ben could think to say would be that her form was excellent.

"Who taught you how to fight?" she asked, drawing her own sword.

"Arietta. She used to teach nobility."

"Of course she did," Ben muttered. "You won't last a week if you look like a dandy who only fights in duels. I'm surprised you've lasted this long."

Likovya glared, and her stance shifted instinctively to something more aggressive, more grounded. Perhaps there was promise in her. "If you're just going to insult me, I'm going to leave. I don't have to use a sword. I was doing just fine with my knives." Bloody hell, the woman was stubborn.

"If you're going to carry a sword, you ought to know how to use it."

"Or I'm no better than a dandy?"

"Exactly." Likovya's smile was more annoyed than amused, but Ben returned it a bit more pleasantly. "Now, let's start with the basics. Attack me."

Likovya frowned. "Are you sure?"

"Trust me. You're not going to be able to touch me."

Likovya shrugged and charged forward, holding her sword as though it were only a large knife. Ben hadn't expected anything better, so she prepared for a simple parry and single step aside while Likovya stumbled past her. It came as a great surprise, then, when Likovya stopped short and spun on her heel to match Ben's step to the side, while rather clumsily riposting. Ben only barely evaded the blade, grinning with excitement.

"What was that you said?" Likovya asked, pressing her attack. A wild-eyed smile had appeared on her face, and it was not so much frightening as it was eerily beautiful.

"You still haven't touched me." Ben parried two thrusts and feinted toward Likovya's shoulder. The woman fell for it, and Ben swept her blade low, knocking the flat against Likovya's knees. The knife thrower stumbled, dropping her guard enough that Ben could bring her sword up for the "kill". She wouldn't hurt Likovya, but she would mock her just a little.

Likovya wasn't cooperating with anything. She dropped to her knees and rolled, letting go of her sword as she tumbled a few inches and sprang to her feet. A second later, she had pressed against Ben and a knife had appeared in her hand from somewhere -- up her sleeve, perhaps? -- and was set lightly against Ben's neck. "Got you," she whispered. She wasn't quite tall enough to reach Ben's face, but Ben could still make out a mad gleam in her eyes.

"You cheated," Ben said, shrugging away the woman. "You were supposed to be using your sword."

Likovya shrugged and made her knife vanish with a flick of her hand. "Wasn't it fun, though?" She resheathed her sword and smiled. "Same time tomorrow?"

"Sure," Ben said breathlessly. As Likovya walked off, she realized she was in a great deal of trouble.
RussetDivinity

Postby Krika on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:42 am

Fern frowned as he peered into what qualified as living quarters here at the Library. They weren't small, but at the same time there wasn't much more space than would be necessary. There was, however, a small adjoining room with a door for privacy. “Nova, are you present? They will be starting to serve breakfast soon, and after that we should begin our daily tasks.”

Nova tapped him on the shoulder, smiling as she silently offered a cinnamon roll, still steaming from the oven.

“You do enjoy your sweets, do you not?” He shook his head ruefully as he accepted it. “Of course you would get up early to get the first ones out of the kitchen.”

Nova grinned wider, nodding her head as she bit into her roll. She paused, and pointed to him, motioning for him to eat.

He grinned back and took a bite out of his roll as well. After a few moments of chewing, he swallowed. “So, would you like to move to the dining hall to finish our meal, or perhaps eat on the way to the stacks, or maybe stand around in the corridor here? I would personally eat on the way to starting and perhaps at the beginning of my daily tasks, but since I am supposed to be guiding you around, I suppose that it should be your choice.”

Nova tilted her head, shrugging. She pointed first to Fern, and then stepped out of her room, pointing to the end of the hallway.

“You know, this would be much easier if you were to use words.” He paused. “Or perhaps some form of hand-based communication. Gestures can only do so much, although I suppose that hand-based communication is simply standardized gestures.” He followed her out of the room. “At a guess….eat while walking?”

Nova nodded, biting her lip. “You use big words.”

“Oh. I am sorry, I see how that might be something of a deterrent.” He started slowly off down the corridor, checking to see if Nova was going to follow or not. “I can try to tone down my speech, if it would be easier on you. Would that be helpful?”

“Yes, please.” Nova said, looking around the corridor with interest.

“Very well.” He paused to take another bite of his roll, chewing thoughtfully, before looking at her with a bit of a grin on his face. “Of course, then you should speak up a little more as well.”

“Okay,” Nova replied. “Don’t know what to talk about though.”

“Err..right, yes, I apologize. I do not mean to ask you to talk if there is nothing to talk about or if you have no wish to participate-” He pulled himself out of his sentence. “Well, is there anything you are still confused on? When it comes to being a Loreknight?”

“Do you all have swords?”

“Well, the more martially inclined Loreknights do have weapons that they know how to use, and many of them use swords, yes.” He paused. “Do you...want to learn how to use one?”

Nova stared at him for a long moment, and pulled a knife out of her pocket. “Use these.”

He paused, staring at the knife for a moment. “I believe I should ask where you obtained that, but I trust that you are not going to do anything rash with it. But yes, you should be able to find someone to help you learn how to use them.”

“Know how. Sorta. Can throw ‘em pretty well.”

He grinned. “Well, at least you still have something that you remem-” He cut himself off hastily as his face reddened with embarrassment, stuffing a large chunk of his roll into his mouth and chewing furiously. “I am sorry, I did not mean to say it like that, I did not mean to bring it up.” he said, mumbling around the roll in his mouth. He looked down awkwardly. “It was a slip of my tongue, I will not do it again.”

Nova tapped his shoulder, causing him to turn around. Smiling, she hugged him lightly, before pulling away. “It’s okay. I wouldn't mind learning more about what I have forgotten.”

Fern nodded, face still a bit red. “Alright, um, if you are sure that you do not mind. I….” He glanced away for a moment. “I was looking up amnesia to see if there was any way to help, and I read that sometimes mentioning how much one does not have of themselves can provoke bad reactions. And I would not want that to happen.”

“Well, I have a knife if things get too terrible.” The girl grinned widely.

He stumbled in the corridor, using the wall the keep from falling. “No no no, why would you commit suicide, that is a terrible choice of paths since it by it’s very nature keeps you from all the other possibilities, including the ones where things get better, so it is not a very good option to take in order to solve any of your issues!” He stared at her wide-eyed for a long moment, before narrowing his eyes slightly. “You were joking, right?’

Nova nodded, mischievous smile growing wider. “You’re funny.”

He sighed, letting out a deep breath. “I am glad. I would not want you giving up quite that easily.” He smiled back. “If you did that, the Loremaster would likely send me to join you.”

“The Lorekeeper is… odd.” Nova bit her lip. “She always acts like she knows something you don’t.”

“Well, she likely does. I do not think one becomes head of an organization such as ours without a large amount of knowledge.” He glanced at her. “Does it bother you?”

“A little, yes.”

“Well...I suppose my best advice is to do not let it.” He offered her a smile. “Something I had to learn was that no matter how much knowledge I gain, there will always be someone with more, or with knowledge you do not possess. Even…” he glanced away awkwardly for a moment before looking back. “Even if you only have a little there is not much you can do about others knowing things you cannot. You can try to learn as much as you can, but knowing everything is an impossible dream.” He grinned. “That does not mean one cannot give it a good try, however.”

Nova nodded. “Thank you, Fern.”

He smiled. “I am supposed to be your guide. What kind of guide would I be if I did not offer advice, or try to help you?” He paused.. “If...if you want to talk, I would be willing to whenever you need it. Umm..I cannot promise that I will be able to provide advice or assistance on everything, but I would be willing to try.”

Nova leaned over, hugging him again. “What’s on the list of things to do?”

He awkwardly hugged her back. “Well, the first thing I generally do….”

-----

Fern carefully made his way down the corridor, tray balanced in his hands. He was trying to move quickly, but the need to balance the tray, and the bowl of soup that was on top of it hampered his efforts. A few twists and turns of the corridor later, and he paused in front of a door. Carefully setting the tray down on the floor, he cautiously knocked on the door. “Nova? Are you awake?”

The door opened to show a small woman, hair knotted from sleep, coughing slightly into one hand. She smiled at him, and motioned for him to come into her room. “‘lo, Fern.”

“Hello Nova.” He smiled back, and picked up the tray before following her into the room. “I hope I did not disturb you.” He carefully placed the tray onto a small table that stood in the middle of the room.

Nova looked at the tray, then to him, question in her eyes. “You wanted to have lunch with me?”

“Well…” His face reddened slightly. “I brought that food for you. Umm, I know that there are some kinds of soup that are helpful for boosting the body’s ability to fight off disease and get better in faster time, so I convinced one of the cooks to, umm, whip up a batch for you.” He glanced away for a moment, before looking back at Nova. “Not that I would not enjoy having lunch with you, but I only brought food for you, so...I am afraid I would not have anything to eat.”

“Oh,” Nova smiled again at him, grabbing the bowl. As she began to eat, she smiled. “This is wonderful. Thank you.”

“Well, I do not think that I can be at all responsible for the quality of the soup, as cooking has never been something that I have particularly excelled at, or needed to become good at, but I am glad you enjoy it.” He smiled softly at her. “I hope you get better soon.”

“Been reading on alchemy,” Nova announced proudly.

“Oh! What pushed you in that direction?”

Nova smiled, staring at him for a long moment before turning back to her soup.

He paused for a couple of seconds, head tilted slightly to the side. “Me?”

The girl nodded, smiling into the bowl. “Wanted to see how you did it.”

“How I did what? Read so much? I would not think it would be alchemy specifically, as I do not possess skills beyond the very basic in that regard.”

“No, it was for the alchemy.” Nova blushed. “I think it’s cool.”

“That is good! You should find something that you like to do.” He gave her a smile. “Hobbies are good to have.”

“What do you have as a hobby?” Nova patted her bed, inviting him to sit.

“Books.” He sat down next to her, blushing slightly as he did so. “I like reading, and I like to learn.” He chuckled. “As you might guess, both of those lend themselves to allowing me to be particularly well-suited to being a Loreknight.”

Nova leaned against him, playing with her spoon. “I don’t seem to make all that much of a Loreknight. Lorekeeper won’t let me leave the library.”

He frowned. “She does not? Does she mention why, or give any reason?”

Nova shook her head. “Says ‘m not smart enough or somethin’. Wants me to read more on boring things.”

Fern frowned, and patted her on the shoulder. “I could speak with her, see if I could find out the reason why she does not let you out. If you do not want to be in here, I do not think you should be.” He looked down at his lap, face a bit red.

“I like b-being here with you.” Nova blushed.

Fern cautiously glanced at her, blushing as well. “I, umm, I like spending time with you as well.”

“You do?” Nova’s voice brightened, and she hugged him.

“Of-of course!” A moment later, he carefully hugged her back.. “You are quite nice.” He caught up with what he had just said a split second later. “To spend time with!” His face was flushing bright red.

Nova smiled again, stretching up to kiss him on the cheek. “Thank you for the soup. It was really sweet of you to do that.”

As she kissed him, Fern found himself with a massive smile on his face. He opened his mouth to say something, before closing it, and pulling Nova into a close hug. “I am glad you enjoyed it. I would not want to do anything that would make you sad.”

Nova nodded sleepily, laying her head on his shoulder.

“Do you want me to leave so you can get some sleep?”

Nova shook her head. “Mmmno.”

He smiled, and wiggled slightly, shifting their bodies so that they fit together more comfortably. “Then I suppose I will just have to stay here with you.” He hesitantly gave her a kiss on her forehead. “You should get some sleep though. The sooner you get better, the faster we can get you out of here.”

Nova sighed happily, quickly falling asleep. Fern stayed with her for a while, before gently lowering her body onto the bed. Quietly getting up, he made use of the inkwell to write a quick note on a spare scrap of paper, leaving it on the table where it would be easily seen. Carefully picking up the tray and mostly-empty bowl, he looked at her sleeping form, soft hair spilling over her head.

“Get better soon, Nova.” With the half-whispered sentence, he slipped out of the room, closing the door behind him.
Krika
>Narra has tiny jerk people in her socks.
>We are affirming our collective jerkhood by committing genocide on them.
Guyshane
>I'm going to read the logs and pray that that sentence makes more sense in context
>No
>No it does not
Krika

Postby agoraoptera on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:50 am

It is the smell, first. The taste of air is delicate and moist, like the wings of a new-born butterfly crinkling and crumpling. It is a pervasive sensation that slips into your throat and winds itself around the tiny air-sacs of your lungs, a distinct feeling that lingers at the back of your mouth and colours your every inhalation. Delectable.

Then, the tickling of the wind as it caresses your nape, runs along your back and plays a gentle note down your spine, a symphony that raises your hairs and quivers your skin. Wind in the Underground tunnels, a cooing banshee shrieking past you with little more than a gust. It is cold, colder than ice.

Do you hear that? I fancy your ears, poor and undeveloped as they are, can catch the echo of a hint of the clicking, the skittering. Do you hear them? My darlings. I can feel the sharp intake of your breath. You are not alone, and you turn to your companion for reassurance. Would you rather be alone? I can arrange for that.

Your torch flickers in the wind, scatters meagre light against the rough walls. Maybe you glimpse the silken tatters by the round tunnel corners. Maybe you see something moving away, but then you stare closer and see nothing, except for blackness.

Your companion mutters something about feeling uneasy; why should you? Welcome to my home. Sweet, soothing home. Cool darkness and the presence of my own. I fancy you can hear the buzzing.

Your swords, dull iron and tempered steel, are on the ready just as they were from the very beginning. Hush, your companion says, though you were saying nothing. Hush. I agree. Hush.

I glide past you and you shiver in my wake, wonder what occurs, but then you never thought to look above. Your companion and you are back to back now. How charming. My children are restless; the sacbrood rustles.

Methinks you feel the faintest drop of ichor from above. Your gaze darts up; you still can't see me; but my own are impatient. I can feel them crawling under my skin, an uncountable swarm of humming delicate wings and tickling little legs. The tingling is delightful; go, my darlings!

You see them in the sickly firelight; what do they look like to you? Bees, with malignant stripes of dark yellow and oozing stingers? My pretties! Your companion screams, and cuts at the air with his sword. He thrusts the torch at them, crisping so many, how dare you? I heave with anger, my gorge rising, you harm my children!

But I don't have to do anything. You look above, but not below. The sound of legs tapping across the floor as their bristly black bodies swarm towards you are drowned out by the music of the wing-buzz. Only when they're halfway up your waist, do you realise that your legs are covered in a cloak of midnight, a living writhing clicking cloak that digs its infinite mandibles into you, injecting mind-numbing venom into your very veins. Are you falling? Your cries were long lost under the joyous singing of my babies. My broodling spiders work together in a wonderful display of unity, my children wrap you up with iron-silk, thread by thread. Your ceasing struggles are futile, hush now, don't waste the effort. Flesh is so much sweeter when the muscles are still taut with energy, vibrating with trapped vitality. Your body was a cage; I merely free you. I descend on a line of unbreakable silk, and savour our prey.

Come now my dears, come and feast, my beautiful darlings, there's plenty to go around. But save some for Mother Ziya!
If you can make it better, don't make it sentient.

agoraoptera wrote: :| Shane just because I'm Asian doesn't mean I get to be Godzilla

Proud co-writer of the Greatest Idea of Our Time: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1236
agoraoptera

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Sat May 03, 2014 10:22 pm

Anji restrained a growl of irritation at the letter. Scowling, she crumpled it up and tossed it into the fire. He’s such an idiot. She stood, keeping her back turned to the window, and snatched up her jacket.A rustle at the window caused her to jerk around, her hand already flying to her waist.

“Relax,” A voice whispered calmly, its body already pulling the window shut behind. “I just wanted to come by, say hello.”

“Well, er… You could have done that tomorrow!” Anji blustered, face reddening. “I can’t let you get caught, Sal.”

“I won’t,” Salvantas smiled. “I took care not to be seen.”

His grin was met by a kiss. Anji pulled away, irritation warring with happiness. “You know he’s watching my house.”

“Kavros isn’t a problem.” The grin was back, and the redheaded man looked at the fire longingly. “Will you relax already?”

Anji shot him a glance, and threw her jacket onto the back of the chair. “Want anything to drink?”

Salvantas slid into the chair gratefully, fingers already thawing by the fireplace. “Yeah, sure.”

A slight figure sat next to him on the ottoman, a mug of something dark in her hand. “Well, you’ll have to get it yourself.”

The man restrained a groan of irritation, and stuck his tongue out at her. Anji smirked back, and sighed, taking a deep draught of the cocoa. Salvantas glared at her, and poked her side. Anji squeaked, and scooted further away. He stood, quickly grabbing himself a mug from the table, which had a small teapot filled with cocoa.

Returning, the redhead sat again, reaching out to grab Anji’s hand. “You gonna be okay on your own for a bit?”

Anji frowned for a moment, and nodded. “House arrest really only works if he can keep me, you know, in the house.” She paused, glancing at him. “What are you planning?”

Salvantas smiled distantly, draining the mug in a smooth motion. “You’ll see.” He kissed her again, and walked to the window. “Don’t do anything stupid.”

Anji growled at his back, which disappeared into the murky night.
eli_gone_crazy

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Wed May 07, 2014 2:30 am

The clearing was sunny, cool enough that the sun felt pleasantly warm on their skin, the afternoon crisp enough that neither one of them felt cold. The air was still, silent, no birds chirping in the trees or squirrels scuffling by or cows lowing in the distance-- it was as if all the animals had been able to sense the presence of a predator, and had steered clear of the place. They would be right.

Ben nudged the other woman gently with her foot. "So, where were we?"

"I think I was supposed to be killing you sometime about now," Hara murmured.

The redhead chuckled softly. "Feel like it?"

The assassin shook her head lazily. "Maybe in a bit. This feels too nice to move."

"So, tell me about yourself," Ben urged. "I feel like I've barely scratched the surface, I want to get to know you better."

"Well, I was born in a small town you've probably never heard of, raised by fabulously wealthy parents and sent to all the best schools..."

Ben shoved her playfully. "I meant the truth, loser."

Hara smiled, sunlight glinting off her perfectly white teeth. "I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you."

"And it would be such a shame to make you move."

"Exactly!" Hara stared up at the blue sky, her eyelids drifting downward. "I guess I can't ask for a courtesy I won't return."

Ben smiled ruefully. "My life story's not some big secret," she admitted. "I just don't really like to talk about it much. At least not for a first impression."

"I'm sorry," Hara said instinctively, sensing she'd struck a nerve.

The knight shook her head, grinning in self-mockery. "No need to be. You aren't stirring up bad memories or anything like that, it's just... embarrassing."

"What I wouldn't give for an embarrassing youth," Hara murmured.

"Take mine, I'm not using it."

That startled a laugh out of the dark-haired woman, who lay back in contemplation, revelling in the unexpected pleasures of the afternoon. "How do you feel about the amount of knives I carry around?"

"How many would that be, then?"

"I'd tell you, but--"

"--Then you'd have to kill me." Ben snickered. "I'd say you're the most sensible person I've met in this whole place when it comes to knives. Do you like to dance?"

"What? I-- what? Why would I..." Hara's brow crinkled in perplexity, baffled by the abrupt change in topic as well as by the new topic itself. "Ew. No. Why would I dance?"

"Perfect," Ben answered dreamily, tilting her head to examine her companion's face as it changed from confusion to amusement. "You should smile more often."

"Oh." Hara felt herself beginning to blush, and looked away. "I... probably shouldn't, actually. It's not exactly a job requirement."

"Good thing you're not on the job right now, then," Ben pointed out cheerfully. "I don't think smiling's the only thing you'd get in trouble for if your boss were here."

"Yes, there is that small point about how I haven't killed you yet," the assassin commented dryly.

Ben snorted. "Yeah, that too, I guess. Though if that's the first concern that needs to be addressed, then your workplace is quite a bit more liberal than I thought."

"What?" Hara asked, confused again. "Just because you're--"

"Where do you guys stand on dead bodies, exactly?"

"What about dead b-- ohhh." This time, it was Hara's turn to shove the other woman. "You're disgusting, you know that?"

"At least I'm not dead," Ben returned in a lofty tone of voice, smug grin on her face.

"Not yet," Hara agreed.

"You say that like you think I'm going to die eventually."

"Everybody dies eventually, stupid," Hara said. "Take my word for it, I've seen it happen."

Ben snorted somewhat indelicately. "Seen it, have you?"

"Helped it along, even." As soon as she spoke, Hara regretted saying the words. It was one thing to acknowledge the elephant in the room, quite another to invite him to the table to take tea. Ben made no sound of response to the ill-spoken comment.

After some time of lying there companionably, Hara broke the silence that had fallen. "Does it bother you that I kill people?" She heard no answer. She waited a few minutes in suspense, before asking in a soft, tentative voice, "Ben?"

"It bothers me," Ben said in a distant voice. "You didn't say 'killed'."

"You know I've killed people," Hara pointed out quietly.

"Yes," Ben said, still in that odd, distant tone. "But I don't know you'll kill."

About to respond, Hara bit back her words. It was an interesting way of putting it, one that she felt warranted more thought than she had been about to give it. "I could stop for you." The words felt and sounded weird even to her; she was hearing them, thinking them for the first time as she said them.

"I'd rather you stopped for you. For them." Ben's words tasted dry on her tongue.

The mood had grown sombre, but the bright afternoon relentlessly refused to allow things to sour, and the two women were too comfortable, relaxing with one another, to want to part on bitter terms.

"I can't change the past," Hara said at last, touching Ben lightly on the arm. "But the present's here, and it's already different. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?"

"I could help," Ben offered. Someone who did not know her well might be liable to mistake the uncertainty in her voice for diffidence, but for all the brevity of their acquaintance, Hara knew better.

Still, she found it difficult to know in what spirit she should take such an offer. "Help me face justice for my deeds?" she asked, laughing harshly.

"Yes," Ben said. "I know how the system works. And I believe in it. And I can help the system work with you. Help you... find your place in it once you've settled your accounts."

"I'll think about it," the former assassin promised. And to her surprise, she meant it.

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Lordxana0 on Fri May 09, 2014 1:38 am

Lori x Ben NSFW. Don't read unless you are legal to read NSFW things in your country.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yV0 ... mJV2A/edit
Lordxana0

Postby Qara-Xuan Zenith on Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:21 pm

This exists because I am bored and it is late and also it's all jack's fault #blameJack

"Oh, Ben!"

The knight froze, centimetres away from the kiss. "Anjali," she said in a strangled whisper. "We can't. What about Kevin?"

"What about Kevin?"

"You're married to him!" She struggled to stay logical; the shorter woman smelled really good.

Anji rolled her eyes. "Kevin's all very well, Ben, but I want you. You're strong, and beautiful, and I love you, you idiot!"

"I love you, too," Ben admitted, falling into the kiss at last.

Several blissful minutes later, the two redheads walked arm in arm through the Castle streets, smiling and giggling to each other.

The vendor at a market stall watched them pass, and remarked to his neighbour, "Gosh! Those twins look just like lesbians!"

Qara-Xuan Zenith

Postby Lordxana0 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:37 am

A final goodbye

Vincent looked back toward his room with a sigh, thinking about how in the short time he had lived here he had done a lot to make this place seem like home. He had even considered getting a painting put up at one time, maybe something to do with potions or a pretty girl. "Hm, getting sentimental." he chided himself before pulling a potion out from under his coat. The potion glowed bright orange and swirled around like a cloud captured in glass. Without another word Vincent uncorked the potion and let the liquid free onto the floor. As soon as it touched said floor a thin layer of fog went throughout the room, slowly removing every trace of him that could be found. By the time it was done not a single stray hair or flake of dead skin of his to be found in the room. In fact after a few hours of work and a shrinking potion for his supplies there wasn't a trace of Vincent having ever lived in the room. Without a word he slipped through the window and landed quietly on the ground, walking throughout the city streets in the darkness.

About a week ago he had discovered that his sister was indeed trapped in the Underground, captured under the power of a dark creatures calling itself Cloth, twisted and driven insane with dark magic. As her big brother Vincent would not let this stand, not even for a second. Of course going by himself would rank up there with drinking poison in terms of stupidity, but there was very little choice he had. He wouldn't ask those within his guild to go on this task, especially when they had so much else to deal with at pretty much all times. But after much searching he had managed to find someone, while a group of someones anyway, who not only were okay with entering into the nightmare of the Underground, but actually seemed excited at the idea of a 'Suicide mission to rescue one girl'. They were an odd bunch, but Vincent wasn't so normal himself either.

As he walked Vincent couldn't help but pick out the sites of the city, the bars he had enjoyed a drink in, the place where he bought flowers to make his potions, heck even a butcher who cut the best slices of anyone in the city. He really was going to miss this place. He would also miss the people, and for a moment regretted he would never be able to say goodbye. But they could never know what he was going to do, after all they would try and help him, and he wouldn't risk their lives for this selfish goal.

With a sigh Vincent entered into an old building close to the target, one that housed his 'friends' that would be aiding him on this mission. "I am here." he declared, looking around in the dark.

"Good, we thought you might be a no show," a playful voice rang from the darkness, and suddenly a long dark robe was tossed his way. "Put that on."

Vincent looked down at the pitch black robe and looked up. "What did you say your groups name was again, Mysterious People Forever?"

"Heroes Unlimited." a voice from behind him stated. The voice came from none other than Salvantas, looking the same as normal, however with an added eye patch covering his left eye.

"Right, maybe the name is a bit much for me." Vincent chuckled and put the robe over himself, pulling the hood of it over his face. "So why did you agree to help me?" he asked.

"Saving one girl, saving the entire world, pretty much the same thing for heroes like us," another voice spoke, stepping out of the dark and lowering a hood. The voice belonged to Eliza, who currently looked like a pale young girl with red hair, almost like a female clone of Salvantas, minus the height. "I mean, not like we have anything better to do, aye boys?"

A number of voices rang out from the dark, and twenty other figures came to them.

"So were do we start?" Vincent asked.

Salvantas smirked and pulled his hood over his face. "There is a waterfall filled with dark creatures who are forced to be good, I figure we start there and gather information, after that we hunt and map every inch of the Underground until we find your sister."

"In other words we are going to fake it until it looks like we have an actually plan," Eliza sighed and pulled her hood over her head. "Fantastic."

"Right," Vincent said, stepping out into the city once more. "Lets go than, into the dark."

"But not alone," Salvantas said, stepping next to him. "So long as there is one of us, we won't be there alone."

"Minor comfort, with you wacko's I think I might be better alone." Eliza joked, keeping pace with the other two.

I suppose it isn't too bad. Vincent shook his head and broke into a run toward the underground, unwilling to wait a single second longer to free his sister. I am coming, and I am not alone.
Lordxana0

Postby eli_gone_crazy on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:38 am

To say Anji slid sexily into the other woman's bedroom would be a false statement. In the same way a cockatoo fluffs its feathers to announce to the world that it is in love, Anji wore a bright red, tight-fitting leather cat suit.

"What are you doing?" Ben asked, taken aback by her lover's sudden change in both dress, decorum, and personality.

"I... will thrust upon you the depths of my love!!" Anji cried, closing the distance between then in a few, mildly overlarge steps.

Ben raised a perfectly trimmed eyebrow. "Why are you a foot taller than I am?"

Anji blushed, and held up one foot, wobbling gently on the other. "Oh, you know, eighteen-inch heels. They're all the rage in..." The woman's face reddened, and she cast her eyes about for an appropriate excuse. "The city of.... Coin. Yes. The city of Coin. I'm sure you've heard of it."

"... No..." Ben pushed Anji's foot back down, ceasing the wobble that threatened to take down her curtains. "But I'm sure it's all the rage."

"Oh of COURSE." Anji preened. And then, kneeling down carefully so as to not tangle her hair in Ben's fan, she kissed the very top of the warrior's head.
eli_gone_crazy

Return to Floating Castle