Chatter

Anything goes.

Re: Chatter

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:13 pm

Well that sounds pretty rough. Still, best of luck bro.

Because it might come in useful, I'm also taking a beginner course in computer science-just making your own algorithms and basic programming and that sort of thing. For history, there's a course that I'm taking centering around Modern China after the monarchy came to an end. It's my favorite time period regarding China and it's pretty popular, so I'm quite excited.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Victin on Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:36 pm

Nice. What language are you learning? I don't know much about Chinese history. It's not focused upon traditionally over here. It's mostly only European history until the "discovery" of the Americas, and then it's both American and European history. I think the coverage of African history has been growing over time, still it's nowhere close to the rest tho. We do see a little bit of Asia, but I think it's usually India, Middle East, and, yes, East Asia. I think the only inhabited continent we don't study at all is Oceania, and I was that kid that always asked the teacher "is this the year we finally study Oceania?"
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby Anura on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:15 am

Hey there Pyro! We're still fairly active in the new chatroom on Slack, if you want to join.
Anura

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:03 am

Victin wrote:Nice. What language are you learning? I don't know much about Chinese history. It's not focused upon traditionally over here. It's mostly only European history until the "discovery" of the Americas, and then it's both American and European history. I think the coverage of African history has been growing over time, still it's nowhere close to the rest tho. We do see a little bit of Asia, but I think it's usually India, Middle East, and, yes, East Asia. I think the only inhabited continent we don't study at all is Oceania, and I was that kid that always asked the teacher "is this the year we finally study Oceania?"

I'm planning to do Spanish-it was pretty cool in high school, until the next teacher kicked me out because he didn't like me. Part of the reason I want to study it is that it might be useful in America and another being my recent interest in the Spanish Civil War.

Very cool-I didn't study Oceania either, or African history in my school. We looked briefly at America, but mostly various wars and single party states in the 20th Century, around the world. I also spent significant time looking at Russian history, with three tsars to study followed by the entire history of the USSR. Out of interest, was Portugal's history taught?

Anura wrote:Hey there Pyro! We're still fairly active in the new chatroom on Slack, if you want to join.

Cool! Is there a link to the chatroom?
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Location: Hong Kong, China, Asia, Earth, The Solar System, the Milky Way, Outer Space, The Universe

Postby Victin on Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:30 pm

I meant programming language XD

What we were taught about Portuguese history was mostly centered around European History and the Brazilian Colonial Period, I think.

Huh. I was under the impression there was a link to the new chatroom in these forums. *searchs* Huh, it turns out there is one in the opening post of this thread, but it's not obvious that it's there. I'm glad there is, because I have no idea how to link people to Slack @_@
Dolphins are some of the smartest animals, yes, but by human standards… Let's say you should praise the god that forces them to stay handless and underwater.
Victin

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:38 am

Ahhhh, OK. I'm taking an introduction computer science course too, so I can learn programming.

Cool! TBH my knowledge of Brazil's history centers around 4 things:

1. Played a large role in the War of the Triple Alliance in stopping Paraguay's doomed attempt to get more land.
2. Sent volunteer divisions to fight in WW2 against Fascist Italy and Nazi Germany.
3. Had a military junta for several years as part of Operation Condor.
4. Was very good at football ever since it was introduced to the country, giving the world several awesome star players.

I visited. Could somebody invite me to the team? It won't let me sign in, although I signed up.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Anura on Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:46 pm

We'd need an email address to invite you.
Anura

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:05 pm

In that case...use this:

nicholas.wong6878@gmail.com
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:07 pm

Er...Anura...something went wrong...could you send me the invitation again? Sorry.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Anura on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:39 am

You could have just changed your name. But I can't send it to the same email twice, it just says your account is already on the team but has been deactivated. Can you reactivate it?
Anura

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:08 am

No, I can't. Apparently team administrators can reactivate accounts though.
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Postby Anura on Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:07 pm

Okay, eli's reactivated the account.
Anura

Postby The Wild West Pyro on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:12 pm

It's working now-thank you! :gurt:
FIRE!
The Wild West Pyro

Previous

Return to Off Topic